Director of Critical Care RN - Permanent
Earn $$120k-$150k per year as a Director of Critical Care Unit!
** Sign-on bonuses are +$10K !** Relocation packages offered!
TotalMed has a permanent role for a Nursing Director of Critical Care.
The Nursing Director of Critical Care will have a demonstrated history of improving
department operations which includes quality, patient safety, productivity, efficiency
and employee/customer satisfaction. The Director of CCU must have experience
applying best practices and innovative strategies to improve performance metrics,
quality and the customer experience. The Director of Critical Care must have
experience establishing, building, and developing positive relationships with staff and
physicians in addition to being highly visible and engaged. A real “take charge” leader
who has a willingness to coach and mentor others is key. The Director of Critical Care
must also have knowledge and understanding of State, Federal and Joint Commission
- Twenty-Four-hour accountability for department including effective performance,
management, communication, resource management and leadership
- Utilizes the nursing process including assessment, planning, implementation,
evaluation and recording of patient care
- Teaches, delegates, and supervises other nursing staff in the provision of nursing
- Coordinates services with other members of the healthcare team to provide
complex patient care
- State or Compact (where applicable) RN Licensure
- ADN or higher preferred
- Certification in Advanced Cardiac Life Support
- Familiarity with medical software and equipment
- Minimum 2-years’ experience
Education and/or Reference:
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing is highly preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of critical care nursing experience and strong clinical
- Minimum of 3 years of progressive nursing leadership experience in an acute
care hospital environment, preferably in emergency services and/or intensive
- Ideal candidates will demonstrate the ability to build strong physician
relationships and hold staff accountable.
Experience the TotalMed Difference – Apply Today!