Registered Nurse - Medical/Surgical
Premium Medical Surgical Registered Nurses Assignments Pay Up To $3,000 Per Week!
Location: Multiple Exclusive US Assignments
Medical Surgical Registered Nurses provide care and treatment to ill, injured, and recovering adults. The medical-surgical nurse must be able to assess patient condition, administer medications, change dressings, monitor vital signs, keep records, and provide patients with support and education.
- Assessing, planning, implementing, and evaluating patient care plans
- Evaluating medical information
- Providing direct and individualized bedside nursing – care to pre-and post-surgery patients
- Preparing, administering, and recording prescribed medications
- Changing dressings, inserting catheters, and starting IVs
- Adjusting specialized medical equipment, as well as and recording measurements
- Monitoring patients’ vitals and reporting reactions to medications in a timely manner
- Collaborating on discharge planning with the healthcare team
- Answering questions and educating patients on surgical procedures and post-surgery care
- Maintaining and updating patient files, medical charts, and health records
- Adhering to best nursing practices, standards, and protocols
• Active RN license in specified state (or compact where applicable)
• RN Degree from accredited nursing program
• BLS Certifications (ACLS where applicable)
• Two years of recent Medical Surgical RN experience
- Medical Benefits: Protect yourself, your spouse or domestic partner, and children from the start with our day-of-hire health insurance
- Dental: Stay with your favorite dentist for everything from routine cleanings to orthodontia for your kids
- Vision: Keep your vision 20/20 with our comprehensive coverage for exams, contacts, and eyeglasses
- Short and Long-Term Disability: Protect yourself and your family from unexpected illness or injury with our elective disability insurance
- Life Insurance: Keep your mind off of the worst-case scenario with our robust life insurance policies
- 401(K): Enjoy the peace of mind that comes from enrolling in the best 401(k) plan in the industry
- Generous tax-free stipends!
- Join our new Travel for Life Referral Program and earn $1 for every hour your friend or colleague works for as long as you work at TotalMed!
Rely on the support of the TotalMed family. You put a lot on the line as a travel nurse, and with TotalMed, you’ll always get the support and info you need, when you need it.