Registered Nurse - Intensive Care Unit
Premium ICU Registered Nurse Assignments Pay Up To $3,860 per week.
ICU RNs use advanced skills to care for patients who are critically ill and at high risk for life-threatening health problems. Depending on the unit, ICU patients include but are not limited to stroke, shock, severe trauma, heart attack, respiratory distress, multiple organ failure, sepsis, and other critical conditions. Because of the critical nature of the patients, it is standard that ICU RNs only have one or two patients on a shift based on acuity. Patients are on very specialized equipment and multiple medications. The ICU Nurse will chart vitals, administer medications, and monitor the patient’s condition to prepare for worst-case scenarios.
- Evaluate and monitor the patient’s progress
- Identify sudden or subtle changes in a patient’s medical condition
- Deliver regular updates to doctors, patients, and their family members
- Begin treatment and monitor doses
- If necessary, respond to a medical emergency and alert the appropriate doctors
- Care for patient needs throughout their recovery in the ICU unit
- Complete all necessary paperwork before transferring a patient
- Maintain patient records
- Create and implement effective care plans
- Active RN license in specified state (or compact where applicable)
- RN Degree from accredited nursing program
- Certifications: BLS, ACLS (CCRN where applicable)
- Two years of recent ICU RN experience
- Medical Benefits:Protect yourself, your spouse or domestic partner, and children from the start with our day-of-hire health insurance
- Dental: Stay with your favorite dentist for everything from routine cleanings to orthodontia for your kids
- Vision: Keep your vision 20/20 with our comprehensive coverage for exams, contacts, and eyeglasses
- Short and Long-Term Disability: Protect yourself and your family from unexpected illness or injury with our elective disability insurance
- Life Insurance: Keep your mind off of the worst-case scenario with our robust life insurance policies
- 401(K): Enjoy the peace of mind that comes from enrolling in the best 401(k) plan in the industry
- Generous tax-free stipends!
- Join our new Travel for Life Referral Program and earn $1 for every hour your friend or colleague works for as long as you work at TotalMed!
Rely on the support of the TotalMed family. You put a lot on the line as a travel nurse, and with TotalMed, you’ll always get the support and info you need, when you need it.