OR Registered Nurse
Operating Room Registered Nurse Assignments Pay Up To $3,400 Per Week!
Location: Multiple Exclusive US Assignments
Operating Room Registered Nurses remain in unsterile field; monitor and document during procedure Scrubbing—in sterile field; aid surgeons by handing them equipment like sponges and other instruments
Duties of an OR RN are twofold:
- A Scrub RN prepares the OR for the patient sets up tools and makes sure the area is sterile for surgery.
- They also assist the surgical team with their masks, gowns, and gloves.
- aid the physician by passing instruments.
- After surgery they clear away the tools and prep the patient for transport to the recovery room.
- The Circulating OR RN works the perimeter of the surgical area inspecting equipment, double checking the patient’s identity, and getting proper consent forms.
- The Circ RN also assists the anesthesiologist with the patient and works with the surgeon regarding any special concerns or needs that could affect the patient’s care.
- Active RN license in specified state (or compact where applicable)
- RN Degree from accredited nursing program
- Certifications: BLS, ACLS
- Two years of recent OR RN experience
- Medical Benefits: Protect yourself, your spouse or domestic partner, and children from the start with our day-of-hire health insurance
- Dental: Stay with your favorite dentist for everything from routine cleanings to orthodontia for your kids
- Vision: Keep your vision 20/20 with our comprehensive coverage for exams, contacts, and eyeglasses
- Short and Long-Term Disability: Protect yourself and your family from unexpected illness or injury with our elective disability insurance
- Life Insurance: Keep your mind off of the worst-case scenario with our robust life insurance policies
- 401(K): Enjoy the peace of mind that comes from enrolling in the best 401(k) plan in the industry
- Generous tax-free stipends!
- Join our new Travel for Life Referral Program and earn $1 for every hour your friend or colleague works for as long as you work at TotalMed!
Rely on the support of the TotalMed family. You put a lot on the line as a travel nurse, and with TotalMed, you’ll always get the support and info you need, when you need it.