News & Insights
Return To News
Introducing the 1st Annual Nurses are Heroes Scholarship
We’re proud to announce the 1st annual Nurses are Heroes Scholarship, funded by TotalMed. As the cost of education has skyrocketed, it’s crucial to offset the cost of nursing school to support future nurses, stem the nursing shortage, and build a stronger healthcare system. TotalMed’s Nurses are Heroes Scholarship will support two nursing students with scholarships of $500 to help our future nurses achieve their goals.
Applicants must meet the following criteria to be eligible:
- Be a resident of one of the 50 United States, Puerto Rico, or the District of Columbia.
- Have completed at least one year of undergraduate course study by the Spring of 2018 at an accredited two or four-year college, university, vocational, or technical school.
- Provide proof of enrollment to a nursing degree program.
- Be in good academic standing, with a GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Have one or more years of school remaining.
- Employees of TotalMed, their affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and the families of each are not eligible.
To apply, applicants must:
- Fill out the application form.
- Submit a 250-word essay exploring the question, “What inspires you to pursue nursing?”
Scholarships will be awarded on the basis of:
- Academic performance
- Community involvement
- Financial need
- Essay content
Entries will be accepted through August 31, 2018.
Interested? Apply today! ????
If you’d like to see more articles on Leadership, click here.