News & Insights
Return To News
5 Destressful Tips on Self Care
Working as a traveling clinician can be stressful. It’s important to find ways to destress, especially now when stress levels are running high. We asked some of our experienced travel clinicians for some tips on how to destress when on the road.
1. It’s important to take some time for yourself. Whether it’s treating yourself to a spa day, a pedicure or a walk on the beach. Find some time to pamper yourself.
2. Exercise. Working out is a great way not only to be physically healthy, but it helps you mentally as well. Join a national chain that will be at most of the locations where you will travel. Becky, a TotalMed travel nurse for the last 8 years, told us, “I joined Planet Fitness. I do a class, go to bed, and then I wake up refreshed.”
3. Do a virtual happy hour with friends. It’s a great way to spend some time with others and do a little decompressing from the comfort of your pj’s.
4. Make time to sight-see. Some of the fun of being a travel clinician is being able to explore new places. Walk through city streets or take a small trip to see what the area is like.
5. Make new friends. Having friends reduces stress and loneliness. They not only provide you happiness, but give you a chance to offer companionship to others.
If you’d like to see more articles on Tips and Insights, click here.